Caffè Americano is undoubtedly the most popular and healthiest coffee beverage in North America. It has numerous health benefits and is loaded with antioxidants. This is a perfect beverage for gym lovers, as it is a highly energizing pre-workout drink, and for those on a Keto-diet.
Black Coffee can be a bliss if your measurements are right.
It might seem very simple to make caffè americano, all you need to do is simply add hot water to your espresso shot and stir! But the fact is, there are many critical aspects that you should keep in mind while making a perfect americano.
In this article, you will learn the exact recipe of how to make a perfect caffè americano.
For this recipe you will need the following:
- An Espresso Machine – Since frothing is not required, so go for any basic espresso machine for this recipe which comes with a portafilter with double head.
- Espresso Coffee Beans – For a perfect taste, use high quality roasted espresso beans.
- Measuring scale – Measurements are very important. Choose the scale which are accurate up to 1 decimal place.
- Grinder – If your espresso machine doesn’t include a grinder, then you will need one to ground the coffee beans.
- Hot Water – You’ll need hot water almost heated up to its boiling point.
- Tamper – Once you have grounded the beans, tamping is required, for the purpose of which you’ll need a tamper. Usually, you get it with your espresso machine.
- 18 grams espresso coffee beans
- hot or almost boiling water
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 1
Method of preparation
- Measure out 18 grams of coffee beans for a double shot. Grind them using your grinder. It should be slightly coarse, do not make extremely fine.
- Put the grounded coffee inside your portafilter and make it evenly filled. Remove any excess coffee using your finger and tamp it gently with a pressure around 40 pounds using your tamper.
- Fix the protafilter in the machine and check the water temperature and pressure level. Pressure should be 9 bars and water temperature should be between 195- 205 degrees Fahrenheit for a perfect shot.
- Extract a double espresso shot. It should take around 27 seconds for a perfect brew.
- Heat up the water to 160-170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the espresso shot into the hot water in a ration of 1:2, meaning 1 part espresso to 2 parts water.
- Stir it and you are ready to go.
- Kcal: 1
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrate: 0
- Protein: 0
- Sodium: traces
- Potassium: 92g
- Magnesium: 8g
- Manganese: 0.05g
- Riboflavin: 0.01g
- Niacin: 0.7g
- Helps in boosting memory power
- Improves workout performance
- Prevents harmful liver diseases
- Helps in weight-loss
- Reduces stress and depression
Health benefits of black coffee
In a study, it is found that black coffee has many cognitive benefits and reduces risk to Dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. Also stated, that if you consume black coffee in the morning, it can enhance your brain functionality and help it stay active, thereby boosting your memory power.
Improved workout performance
Black coffee without sugar is a great pre-workout supplement and helps in energizing your body, so you can deliver your 100% during your workout session.
Healthy for liver
Coffee is also referred as magical beans for liver as per the study, and it’s stated that it helps prevent fatty liver, hepatitis, cirrhosis and even liver cancer. There is an 80% lower chances of having any liver disease for people who consume 4 cups of black coffee in a day. Coffee is extremely helpful to reduce the level of harmful liver enzymes in blood.
Beneficial in weight loss
Black coffee is considered as a fat burning beverage. If you are working out, then drink a cup of black coffee 30 minutes prior to your session. It helps in increasing metabolic by 50% and also burns excess tummy fat.
Helps in reducing stress
Black coffee stimulates the neuro-transmitters in central nervous system and increases the secretion of dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline that reduces stress and depression.